Last Saturday (January 17th) the Bilbostack conference was held in Bilbao. It was the fourth edition of this conference and it was a complete success. I'm really glad to be part of the organisation of Bilbostack, sharing this responsibility with Ibon Landa, Asier Marqués and Fran Mosteiro.
I like to organize Bilbostack for many reasons:
- It's "easy" to organize. We don't open a Call for Papers. We meet one day in a beer, take some beers and make a list of the people we would like to speak at the conference. Normally they say yes just after receiving our email.
- We don't have to look for a venue. The Universidad de Deusto, kindly lend us two great rooms to make the conference without paying a single euro.
- We don't have to organize any catering. It's a morning event, and our sponsors buy some bottles of water for the attendees.
- We don't have to set up any payment platform. It's a free event and our budget is almost 0 euros.
And I like to attend Bilbostack for many reasons:
- The sessions are always great. We know the speakers and we know they are great in the subject they are presenting.
- It's only a morning.
- The subjects are varied. From development to UX, from SEO to agile, from accessibility to beacons.
- The networking after the event is really great. Pintxos and beers with friends, what else can you ask for?
This year we had more than 250 attendees and I think they enjoyed the conference. Next year will be best, I promise.